60 count trays of fully rooted 2" Blue Sargent Juniper. The Juniper 'Blue Sargent', Juniperus chinensis sargentii 'Glauca', is a compact ground hugging juniper with unlimited landscape use. The heavily branched blue-green, feathery foliage holds its color all year. With its low, spreading habit, this plant is useful as a ground cover for level grounds or slopes. 'Blue Sargent' is very hardy, showing wind and drought tolerance. This juniper doesn't get out of control , is fairly low maintenance, and can be used for mid-level ground cover or in foreground plantings. 'Blue Sargent' will adapt to a fairly wide range of soil types, but adequate drainage is a must! Occasional bluish white cones can be seen on this plant.
Features & Highlights
- Juniperus Chinensis Var. Sargentii Glauca. This is a relatively low maintenance shrub, and is best pruned in late winter once the threat of extreme cold has passed. Deer don't particularly care for this plant and will usually leave it alone in favor of tastier treats. It has no significant negative characteristics.
- One of the best groundcover type junipers for providing an evergreen effect with very low maintenance. Particularly useful for erosion control in difficult areas. Full sun. Evergreen shrub.
- A low growing evergreen with bluish-gray needle-like foliage and showy blue berries, wide growing and sprawling habit; ideal for use as a low groundcover in sunny dry locations, a real favorite with garden designers for year-round color
- The scale-like leaves are highly ornamental and remain blue throughout the winter. It produces blue berries from late spring to late winter. The flowers are not ornamentally significant.
- multi-stemmed evergreen shrub with a ground-hugging habit of growth. It lends an extremely fine and delicate texture to the landscape composition which should be used to full effect.
|Brand:||Blue Sargent Juniper|
|Item Weight:||14.99 pounds|
|Package Weight:||14.99 pounds|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Blue Sargent Juniper, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Nellie R Stevens Holly
We are selling these wonderful Nellie R Stevens Holly live plants. These trees are shipped in 3 Inch size pots and are 8-12 inches tall. We measure from the TOP of the pot. This Holly works great for a large hedge or privacy plant. Wonderful disp...
By Florida Foliage
72 count trays of fully rooted 2" Foxtail Ferns 'Myers'. This unusual evergreen fern adds textural contrast to perennial beds and borders. Long, plume-like stems hold soft, needle-like leaves. Develops red berries in fall. An excellent choice for han...
By Pixies Gardens
THUJA GREEN GIANT, Nature's Privacy Fence, Green, Tall and Beautiful Hedge-liner - - (liner/starter plant in 3" pot 1-2 yrs old)* - Evergreen tree ( great Christmas tree) - deer resitant - drought tolerant - makes a wonderful hedge, - makes g...