Product Description & Reviews
The Borinda macclureana is still a some what new and rare bamboo. Native to the mountains of Tibet at an elevation of 11,000 feet, it was first collect by Keith Rushford in 1995. It is a nice clumping bamboo that is non invasive . The macclureana is one of the cold hardiest of the Borindas, hardy down to 10f. Cane colors range from gray to green to purple. Although the height that it will eventually grow to is still unknown, you can at least expect 12′. Some places in the Pacific North West have reported 15′ while others in Europe have reported heights of 15′-25′. The macclureana will develop a nice upright, vase shape at maturity with gently weeping culms. There is plenty of foliage on it, generally right down to ground level, making it an excellent choice for a hedge, screen or single specimen in the garden. It would do best with some afternoon shade and may not do well in areas of high heat and humidity. USDA zone 8-10,
Features & Highlights
- The Borinda macclureana is still a some what new and rare bamboo.
- One of the cold hardiest of the Borindas, hardy down to 10f.
- Cane colors range from gray to green to purple.
- The last picture is an example of the plants that you will receive.
- The plants that you are purchasing are 1-2 years old, about 1'-2' tall, grown in #1 size pots, which are removed for shipping. You will receive your plants shrink wrapped.
|Manufacturer:||Maya Gardens, Inc.|
|Brand:||Maya Gardens, Inc.|
|Publisher:||Maya Gardens, Inc.|
|Studio:||Maya Gardens, Inc.|
|Item Weight:||50 pounds|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.