This is for our customers who want to construct a hedge or require several plants. Green velvet boxwood is one of the hybrids developed in Canada at the famous Sheridan Nursery. These hybrids can withstand very cold temperatures and maintain good color. Green velvet has a medium leaf,excellent color, and a very full habit making it ideal for many applications. It is one of my favorite boxwoods due to its handsome, rounded, full-bodied growth with small dark green leaves. Like most modern cultivars, it is a hybrid of Korean Boxwood (for hardiness and compactness) and Common Boxwood (for excellent leaf color in both summer and winter). During late winter the leaf color is best described as dark green with a bronze hue. The noticeable but not showy flowers are cream-colored inflorescence occurring in late April and early May on established plants. The flowers are somewhat fragrant and usually attract bees. Green Velvet Boxwood can be used individually or in clusters and is commonly used as a hedge or foundation planting. It is easily sheared into different shapes. Green Velvet like most Boxwood is traditionally planted in shady sites. However, it is very tolerant of sunny locations as long as it receives sufficient moisture.
Features & Highlights
- Low maintenance evergreen that stays 3 feet tall. Quantity: 10
- All orders to CA, OR, WA, UT, and AZ will be shipped bare root in accordance with their state regulations.
- Zone: 5-9 / Mature Height: 3' Spread: 3' Growth: medium / Full Sun - Part Shade - Full Shade / Form : billowy,cloud-like, mounded
- Size Shipped: 10 plants, 10-12 inches tall, very well branched in trade gallon pots with soilless media & 9 month slow release fertilizer. ATTENTION: ALL ORDERS TO CALIFORNIA ARE DELAYED UNTIL NOVEMBER DUE TO CA STATE REGULATIONS!
- Now is the time to transplant! Cooler temperatures and more rainfall provide a smooth transition for the plants. As long as your soil is not frozen solid 2 inches below ground level, the roots will still take perfectly and continue to grow throughout the winter. This gives you a head start on a spring and summer of production.
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by DAS Farms, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Florida Foliage
Qty 72 fully rooted Dwarf Mondo Grass or botanical name Ophiopogon japonicus 'Nanus'. Creates a lush groundcover of dense, dark green grass-like clumps. This dwarf is only half the size of the regular species. Excellent as an edging plant or tucked...
By Blue Sargent Juniper
60 count trays of fully rooted 2" Blue Sargent Juniper. The Juniper 'Blue Sargent', Juniperus chinensis sargentii 'Glauca', is a compact ground hugging juniper with unlimited landscape use. The heavily branched blue-green, feathery foliage holds ...
By Nellie R Stevens Holly
We are selling these wonderful Nellie R Stevens Holly live plants. These trees are shipped in 3 Inch size pots and are 8-12 inches tall. We measure from the TOP of the pot. This Holly works great for a large hedge or privacy plant. Wonderful disp...
By Florida Foliage
72 count trays of fully rooted 2" Foxtail Ferns 'Myers'. This unusual evergreen fern adds textural contrast to perennial beds and borders. Long, plume-like stems hold soft, needle-like leaves. Develops red berries in fall. An excellent choice for h...
By Pixies Gardens
THUJA GREEN GIANT, Nature's Privacy Fence, Green, Tall and Beautiful Hedge-liner - - (liner/starter plant in 3" pot 1-2 yrs old)* - Evergreen tree ( great Christmas tree) - deer resitant - drought tolerant - makes a wonderful hedge, - makes ...