60 count trays of fully rooted 2" Japanese Boxwood (Buxus) shrubs. Nice, bright green oval shaped leaves that are somewhat larger than the hybrid boxwoods most commonly seen in landscapes. Also a slightly lighter shade of green than most boxwoods. Makes an excellent medium to large hedge, and is quite easy to grow. Like all other boxwoods, prefers cool, moist well drained soils as well as a small amount of shade to give some protection from scorching summer sun. Good growth rate, but slightly less cold hardy than some commonly used Boxwood varieties. Some bronzing discoloration has been observed in cold, open, or highly exposed planting locations.
Features & Highlights
- This compact evergreen shrub produces inconspicuous white flowers in spring. In the winter, its oval leaves turn golden to bronze. Matures to 4-6 feet. There are stunning shapes this shrub may be shaped into like globes, pyramids, and screens.
- This evergreen shrub needs a regular water schedule to ensure the growth of a mature root system. The first year of growth requires watering daily. After the mature root system is established, watering is needed weekly, except during a drought, watering is needed regularly. Mulching is recommended to detour weeds, and to keep the moisture content high. During plant maturity pruning is necessary to encourage branch development.
- Makes an excellent medium to large hedge, and appears to be quite easy to grow. Like all other boxwoods, prefers cool, moist well drained soils as well as a small amount of shade to give some protection from scorching summer sun.
- For maximum health & hardiness, we highly recommend a good grade granular ( preferably organic ) fertilizer plant food for use with all of our plant species.
- Search: Florida Foliage To View Our Full Collection
|Item Weight:||14.99 pounds|
|Item Size:||12.5 x 10 x 10 inches|
|Package Weight:||14.99 pounds|
|Package Size:||12.5 x 10 x 10 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Japanese Boxwood, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Florida Foliage
Qty 72 fully rooted Dwarf Mondo Grass or botanical name Ophiopogon japonicus 'Nanus'. Creates a lush groundcover of dense, dark green grass-like clumps. This dwarf is only half the size of the regular species. Excellent as an edging plant or tucked...
By Blue Sargent Juniper
60 count trays of fully rooted 2" Blue Sargent Juniper. The Juniper 'Blue Sargent', Juniperus chinensis sargentii 'Glauca', is a compact ground hugging juniper with unlimited landscape use. The heavily branched blue-green, feathery foliage holds ...
By Nellie R Stevens Holly
We are selling these wonderful Nellie R Stevens Holly live plants. These trees are shipped in 3 Inch size pots and are 8-12 inches tall. We measure from the TOP of the pot. This Holly works great for a large hedge or privacy plant. Wonderful disp...
By Florida Foliage
72 count trays of fully rooted 2" Foxtail Ferns 'Myers'. This unusual evergreen fern adds textural contrast to perennial beds and borders. Long, plume-like stems hold soft, needle-like leaves. Develops red berries in fall. An excellent choice for h...
By Pixies Gardens
THUJA GREEN GIANT, Nature's Privacy Fence, Green, Tall and Beautiful Hedge-liner - - (liner/starter plant in 3" pot 1-2 yrs old)* - Evergreen tree ( great Christmas tree) - deer resitant - drought tolerant - makes a wonderful hedge, - makes ...