Product Description & Reviews
White on Black Plastic Mulch is primarily used for a "cooling" effect. The white surface is laid up to reflect heat away while the black surface is laid down to prevent weed growth. Great for lettuce, cauliflower, and broccoli. Increase yield and crop success with 1.0 mil White on Black Plastic Mulch. One of the primary factors that controls plant growth is light; and, in general, the more light the better. Better growth and higher yields are the result. Studies by Penn State University show boosts in crop developments up to 35%! With the white reflective mulch, light levels in the plant canopy are three times higher than with bare soil. White mulch has dual properties: light reflection and weed control since a layer of white is co-extruded over the black. Yet this embossed, high density mulch is only 1.0 mil thick. It is even tough enough to hold up under foot traffic during the harvest season. In northern states where the season is short, White on Black mulch is a vital link in improving yields by increasing the amount of light available to the plants. In more southerly states where a summer crop is planted, White on Black mulch deflects heat and keeps soils cooler. Crops Suited for White on Black Plastic Mulch: Lettuce, cauliflower, and broccoli. Tips: 1. Prepare soil well. It should be smooth and pliable. 2. Do not lay paper on dry soil. Beds should be firm. 3. To prevent tearing, adjust wheels on plastic laying machine so that they do not stretch the paper. 4. Plastic should be in close contact with the soil for maximum heat transfer into the soil. 5. Be sure the edges of the plastic are well secured with soil.
Features & Highlights
- Our embossed plastic has superior elasticity with a built in memory that hugs the bed tighter than smooth or cold post embossed films. This material will not flop in the wind.
- Weed control. Because the mulch is black, light is not transmitted through the plastic and therefore weeds will not grow under the material.
- Evaporation of soil moisture is reduced. Plastic mulch is impervious to water. Any evaporation of soil moisture occurs only through the planting holes.
- This hot cast film is extremely strong and elastic in all directions. In turn it sticks to the bed and will not allow heat to escape.
- This material has a superior field life and is easy to pick up at the end of the season!
|Package Size:||10 x 10 x 10 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.